Friday, May 14, 2010
This delicious recipe comes from a cookbook I got for my birthday. The book has all sorts of county fair winning recipes. This particular one was won by Rebecca McCulley in 2004 in the Volusia County Fair, Florida.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
And here we go!
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. (My favorite part!) Add egg and mix thoroughly. Stir in sugar.
4. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Stir in well combined. Add butter and mix well blended.
5. Spoon batter into pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
6. Ding!! Done!!
7. Turn out of pan and cool on a wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.
8. Now for my least favorite step...cleaning up the mess....ugh....
Me: Hey Dad guess what I'm going to make!
Dad: A mess?