Monday, December 17, 2012

Pillow Talk

I rarely find pillows in stores that I absolutely love...and if I do they always seem to be VERY expensive. The best way to have exactly what you want is to make it yourself so that's exactly what I have been doing!
I found a tutorial for putting zippers in your pillow here and now I cannot contain my pillow making!!!

I found this fabric at the local Hancock Fabrics a while ago and fell in love with the way the dots are kind of blurred. I used felt for the letters because it's very easy to work with and doesn't fray like other fabrics do. This pillow is going to go in Austin's house with the two pillows below.

I have been holding onto these vintage state hankies for a few months because I knew they would be great in some sort of project.
Turns out I was right!
Martha Stewart once had a spread with these sorts of hankies and I always loved the way they used them on pillows.
I had this creamy gingham fabric that I was going to use for another project long ago but never did...I think it works perfectly with the hankies.
After searching online I found that Crate&Barrel has feather down pillow inserts at great prices ($12 for an 18x18) so I used those for these pillows.
My dad always jokingly asks me if Austin knows I'm making these things for his house and if he has any say in the matter (Austin is what you would call a man's man) but he always says he likes it so I just keep making things!!!

---------

We spent our Saturday in Sonoma for a family friends Steve and Debbie's 30th anniversary. The pair rented a house for the weekend in the Napa Valley and had a group of family and friends stay with them. It was a very rainy yet beautiful day.


No comments: